Information on Creatine Supplements
Information on Creatine Supplements – Creatine Supplements are useful for people who want to build muscle mass fast. It is used by a lot of sports athletes and bodybuilders. It is one of the fastest growing supplements. Many bodybuilders in the gym like to use this with another protein supplement. A creatine supplement is good to build muscle mass fast if you’re consistent in taking it and working out.
Remember to read the instructions on how to use it because you are supposed to take a break after a certain timeframe of using it. This is to prevent your body from being immune to its effects.
What Exactly is Creatine?
Creatine is a natural substance created in our bodies by using amino acids in our digestive cycle. It is used to help deliver vitamins and nutrients throughout our body. Most of the creatine stored in our bodies is stored in our muscles.
Fish and meat have large concentrations of creatine.
How do Creatine Supplements Work?
What creatine does is increases the muscle’s energy reserve. When you digest the creatine your body stores it in your muscles.
After your body stores the creatine in your muscles, when you work out you have more energy reserved in your muscles. You can last longer since you have more energy, therefore gaining more muscle mass.
Why is Creatine Used by So Many Body Builders?
Well, if more nutrients our delivered to our muscles, we can then do more repetitions and then we can ultimately build more muscle mass. Because you’re able to work your body harder you can build more muscle. That is why creatine is used.
The Brands of Creatine Powder
Here is a list of the major creatine powders:
- MuscleTech Cell-Tech Hardcore
- BSN CellMass
- BSN No-Xplode
- GNC Pro Performance Mega Creatine Extreme
- GNC Pro Performance Creatine Burst
- Optimum Nutrition Pre-Load Creatine Complex
- BodyTech Nitrojack
The Brands of Creatine Pills
Here is the list of popular creatine pills:
- MuscleTech Creakic
- MyoTrend Nutritional Technologies CreA3
- Labrada Nutrition CreaLean2
- NxLabs Anavol
MRI CE2 Platinum
The Different Methods of Taking Creatine
There are two main ways you can take creatine.
One way is to take a creatine powder. It usually comes in fruit flavors.
Another way is to take it in pill form.
I recommend if you take creatine you go for creatine powder rather than pills for several reasons.
- You need to “load up” on creatine when you first take it. It is much easier to “load up” on creatine in powder form than taking several pills. (Loading up means to take high volumes of it first for it to take effect)
- Its more cost effective. You get much more creatine in powder form than you do in pills for the money.
- Creatine powder is much more convenient. You may think pills are more convenient but you have to take several at once, many times a day. For creatine powder you just take a couple scoops usually one time a day unless your loading.
Is Creatine right for you?
It depends; many people take creatine supplements. If you want to go all out and are committed then go for it.
Just make sure your protein powder doesn’t have creatine already in it. I personally take a protein powder with creatine in it so I skip this. Creatine can be rather expensive alone compared to regular protein.